There is no doubt in the fact that Dropbox and other Dropbox Alternatives are the most convenient tools for sending and receiving super large files and folders.
But as you know two is better than one, so I am mentioning some of the great alternatives to Dropbox here.
Top 7 Dropbox Alternatives
You need not to worry about any usage charges as all of them are partially or fully free Dropbox alternatives. You are going to get to know more when you will try them on your own.
Box.com is the first pick in this list of Dropbox alternatives and this is a well-deserved entry too. Take a look at the website of Box and decide it on your own that there is no way the site lacks in any sort of features. In fact, this is a step higher than Dropbox itself.
The main motive of Box is to share all your important files (large or small) from anywhere to anyone easily. The site also features some demos so that you can understand it better.
Some of the important features offered by Box.com are:
- Open Source Cloud Storage service along with various add-ons for different consoles.
- 15 GB storage allotment on creating free account.
- Collaboration on a file on real time basis.
- Allows you to manage your content in the way you want.
- Total security for sensitive files and folders.
There are four plans for the pricing for Box.com:
- Free – This plan is free of cost and you need not to pay anything for it. However, you do not get any additional features in it and the space allotted in it is 15 GB only.
- Starter – For 3 users, it charges $4 per month. You get 100 GB of space along with features like document encryption, sync capabilities, proper management and maximum for 10 users.
- Business – For min. 3 users charges $12 per month. Along with unlimited storage, you get office 365 with file size capability of 5GB, data loss safety, management, customer branding etc.
- Enterprise – You need to contact them for this plan. It avails unlimited storage with integration, metadata and automation of workflow.
Popular Post: Best Online Calendar Maker Tools
2). Google Drive
The next one is one of the most used and most popular Dropbox alternatives which is Google Drive. This is my personal favorite too because I am using Google Drive for a really long time. It has great user-friendly system and its additional apps for Android and iOS gives a more comfortable using experience too.
Share your files with different users or different PCs or other different consoles because Google Drive is very reliable in all the features.
Google Drive comes with the number of features and great facilities like the rest of the Dropbox alternatives. Let’s take a quick view on its features:
- Collaboration in real time on same Google Docs or Google Sheets.
- Allows you to leave comments.
- Speech to text conversion fluently.
- The initial allotment of 15 GB space divided between Gmail, Google Photos, and Docs etc.
- Integration with various tools, apps, and services.
- Cloud storage service.
Like Box.com, Google Drive also offers different facilities and features on different pricing plans. These are:
- The first plan is free of cost where you get 15 GB of space without any charges but no other features are accessible.
- In the next plan, you get 100 GB of space allotment for the charges of $1.19 per month.
- In the third plan you get 1 TB of space which is really huge enough to store all your data and important files. You get this plan for $9.99 per month.
- In the last and final plan, you get 10/20/30 TB of space allotment. These plans go for the charges of $99.99/ $199.99/ $299.99 per month respectively.
3). SpiderOak One
SpiderOak One is one of the most brand new competitor in the list of Dropbox alternatives. You will surely like this file sharing platform as it is as easy to use as any other alternatives to Dropbox. The main thing that SpiderOak One works upon is the safety and security of every single file of yours.
If you are searching a sharing platform other than Dropbox for the security reasons then SpiderOak One is just perfect for you.
The prime and important features that SpiderOak One has are the following ones:
- Specifically, ponder on the security of all types of files.
- The non-sharable password which cannot be seen by other users.
- Provides deeper control over preferences and settings options.
- End to end encryption of documents.
- Group chat, file sharing, and backup creation.
The pricing policies and different plans goes like this in SpiderOak One:
- Like all other Dropbox alternatives, it has a free plan which requires no signup and offers 2 GB of space for no charges.
- Next plan is for the group which has free set up policy and charges $9 per month for minimum 10 users. Along with unlimited space, you get fast start and unlimited file storage.
- For Enterprise plan they charge $299 for set up and additional $5 per month and requires at least 100 users. It offers unlimited storage with LDAP directory.
- The last one is On Premise plan which charges $599 for set up and requires you to contact for pricing. For this plan, you need at least 1500 users.
Visit Here: Best Free Collage Maker No Download
4). Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive is no new name when we are talking about great Dropbox alternatives. This sharing mechanism is more suitable for those people who are handling a business. Its windows compatibility is just phenomenal as it is regulated by Microsoft itself. However, you also get its Android and iOS apps too.
The glimpse of specific features that Microsoft OneDrive possesses are as following:
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 and saves documents automatically.
- Organizing photos and tagging people automatically on the basis of the visuals.
- Sign, highlight, and draw in any PDF file through iOS console.
- Real time notification of people editing in shared files and documents.
- Collaboration in different files like word, excel, power point, PDF, OneNote etc.
Like every other Dropbox alternatives, Microsoft OneDrive offers its own pricing plans and they are as follows:
- The first one is of course a free plan but it requires you to sign up. Without giving any charges, you get basic OneDrive storage of 5GB.
- Another storage only plan allows you to have a space of 50 GB for your documents. You can buy it for $1.99 per month.
- Next one is a premium plan which gives you, office 365 personal with premium features. You can buy it for $69.99 per year or $6.99 per month.
- The last one is again a premium plan with specific premium features which gives you, Office 365 Home. You can buy it for $99.99 per year or $9.99 per month.
Sync.com is a great option in the list of Dropbox alternatives which gives equal preferences to security and usability. It follows the principle of “Zero Knowledge Authentication”. Under such condition, all your data remains private even from the host of this platform.
Sync.com is very user-friendly and it delivers a different level of permissions for different members of the same plan. You can specify the bandwidth on which you want your plan to work. This makes Sync.com incredibly fast and accurate.
The important features that makes it different from other Dropbox alternatives are as follows:
- Share files with people in a faster and more secure way.
- Save files in your PC and access them through other devices.
- Provides offline accessing too.
- Share files with people not even having a Sync account.
- Collaboration on multiple files with multiple people.
- Custom password setting for shared files and folders.
The pricing plan and specific facilities provided along with them by Sync.com are given below:
- The first one is a free plan which gives you 5GB storage with free sign-up and it never expires too.
- The next one is a personal plan which is suitable for an individual. They provide a cloud storage of 2 TB here and bills $8 per month. You get additional features for advanced sharing and advances collaboration in it.
- Last one is a business plan which is suitable for multiple users. It charges you $5 per user per month and gives you 1 TB space for per user.
Read This: Best Funny Wifi Names for Your Routers
After its launch in 2013, nobody knew that pCloud could attain a massive success in just few years. This is a great platform which offers features like high security, file management, sharing, backup etc. You can feel at utmost ease for sharing files when you are using pCloud for it.
pCloud is really great in terms of the facilities being provided to its users and no less than other Dropbox alternatives. Some of the important and specific features of this sharing platform are as follows:
- 7 million users across the globe.
- pCloud app does not use the storage space of your desktops.
- Acts like an efficient virtual hard drive.
- Work together on every file through fast and quick collaboration tool.
- Highest level of encryption to maintain security and privacy.
It follows some specific pricing plans which are as follows:
- The first one is a basic plan which is similar to other Dropbox alternatives and requires no charges from you. It offers you a space of 20 GB and perfect for the people who are not frequent in file sharing.
- The next plan is Premium. It gives you a huge space of 500 GB and perfect for individual use. It charges an amount of $3.99 per month or $47.88 annually.
- The last plan is Premium Plus. This plan is best for official and business purposes and large file sharing. It offers you 2 TB of space and charges $7.99 monthly or $95.88 annually.
- There are other two features of Crypto and Business which are for encrypting files and team collaboration respectively. You can acquire them for $3.99 per month and $7.99 per month respectively.
The last option in this list of Dropbox alternatives is Tresorit. This sharing platform turns any file into “Tresor” which allows you to convert any document into a link. The only drawback of Tresorit is that it does not offer any free plan to its users.
These are the features which are offered by Tresorit:
- Highest level of security amongst all the Dropbox Alternatives.
- Password protection and download limit for documents.
- Expiration date set up of docs.
- No need of creating local storage.
The pricing plan for Tresorit is given below:
- The first plan is called Premium. It gives you a storage space of 100 GB. They charge you $10.42 per month along with features like 5 devices and 10 versions. 2-factor authentication and end to end encryption.
- Next plan is Solo and it gives a space of 1000 GB and you need to pay $24 per month for it. It gives the same features as Premium plan along with 10 devices adjoining.
- Next one is a Business plan which offers 1000 GB per user and charges $12 per user per month. It offers phone support, migration assistance, above plus security etc.
- The last plan is Enterprise which offers 1000 GB per user and suitable for 100+ users. It gives great advanced features.
Read Here: Best Music Player for Windows 10/7/8
These options for Dropbox are very reliable and free of cost too. I have handpicked some great and best Dropbox alternatives only. With their advanced features and great accessing, you get better features and reliable operations too.
These Dropbox alternatives are as great as Dropbox itself. They also eliminates additional fussiness and messiness regarding organizing your files and folders. Now, sharing files is much easier than before.