There is no doubt in the fact that Dropbox and other Dropbox Alternatives are the most convenient tools for sending and receiving super large files and folders.
But as you know two is better than one, so I am mentioning some of the great alternatives to Dropbox here.
Top 7 Dropbox Alternatives
You need not to worry about any usage charges as all of them are partially or fully free Dropbox alternatives. You are going to get to know more when you will try them on your own.
After its launch in 2013, nobody knew that pCloud could attain a massive success in just few years. This is a great platform which offers features like high security, file management, sharing, backup etc. You can feel at utmost ease for sharing files when you are using pCloud for it.
pCloud is really great in terms of the facilities being provided to its users and no less than other Dropbox alternatives. Some of the important and specific features of this sharing platform are as follows:
- 7 million users across the globe.
- pCloud app does not use the storage space of your desktops.
- Acts like an efficient virtual hard drive.
- Work together on every file through fast and quick collaboration tool.
- The highest level of encryption to maintain security and privacy.
It follows some specific pricing plans which are as follows:
- The first one is a basic plan which is similar to other Dropbox alternatives and requires no charges from you. It offers you a space of 20 GB and perfect for the people who are not frequent in file sharing.
- The next plan is Premium. It gives you a huge space of 500 GB and perfect for individual use. It charges an amount of $3.99 per month or $47.88 annually.
- The last plan is Premium Plus. This plan is best for official and business purposes and large file sharing. It offers you 2 TB of space and charges $7.99 monthly or $95.88 annually.
- There are other two features of Crypto and Business which are for encrypting files and team collaboration respectively. You can acquire them for $3.99 per month and $7.99 per month respectively.
Box.com is the first pick in this list of Dropbox alternatives and this is a well-deserved entry too. Take a look at the website of Box and decide it on your own that there is no way the site lacks in any sort of features. In fact, this is a step higher than Dropbox itself.
The main motive of Box is to share all your important files (large or small) from anywhere to anyone easily. The site also features some demos so that you can understand it better.
Some of the important features offered by Box.com are:
- Open Source Cloud Storage service along with various add-ons for different consoles.
- 15 GB storage allotment on creating free account.
- Collaboration on a file on real-time basis.
- Allows you to manage your content in the way you want.
- Total security for sensitive files and folders.
There are four plans for the pricing for Box.com:
- Free: This plan is free of cost and you need not to pay anything for it. However, you do not get any additional features in it and the space allotted in it is 15 GB only.
- Starter: For 3 users, it charges $4 per month. You get 100 GB of space along with features like document encryption, sync capabilities, proper management and maximum for 10 users.
- Business: For min. 3 users charge $12 per month. Along with unlimited storage, you get office 365 with file size capability of 5GB, data loss safety, management, customer branding etc.
- Enterprise: You need to contact them for this plan. It avails unlimited storage with integration, metadata, and automation of workflow.
Popular Post: Best Online Calendar Maker Tools
3. Google Drive
The next one is one of the most used and most popular alternatives to Dropbox which is Google Drive. This is my personal favorite too because I am using Google Drive for a really long time. It has the great user-friendly system and its additional apps for Android and iOS gives a more comfortable using experience too.
Share your files with different users or different PCs or other different consoles because Google Drive is very reliable in all the features.
Google Drive comes with the number of features and great facilities like the rest of the Dropbox alternatives. Let’s take a quick view of its features:
- Collaboration in real time on same Google Docs or Google Sheets.
- Allows you to leave comments.
- Speech to text conversion fluently.
- The initial allotment of 15 GB space divided between Gmail, Google Photos, and Docs etc.
- Integration with various tools, apps, and services.
- Cloud storage service.
Like Box.com, Google Drive also offers different facilities and features on different pricing plans. These are:
- The first plan is free of cost where you get 15 GB of space without any charges but no other features are accessible.
- In the next plan, you get 100 GB of space allotment for the charges of $1.19 per month.
- In the third plan, you get 1 TB of space which is really huge enough to store all your data and important files. You get this plan for $9.99 per month.
- In the last and final plan, you get 10/20/30 TB of space allotment. These plans go for the charges of $99.99/ $199.99/ $299.99 per month respectively.
4. SpiderOak One
SpiderOak One is one of the most brand new competitor in the list of Dropbox alternatives. You will surely like this file sharing platform as it is as easy to use as any other alternatives to Dropbox. The main thing that SpiderOak One works upon is the safety and security of every single file of yours.
If you are searching a sharing platform other than Dropbox for the security reasons then SpiderOak One is just perfect for you.
The prime and important features that SpiderOak One has are the following ones:
- Specifically, ponder on the security of all types of files.
- The non-sharable password which cannot be seen by other users.
- Provides deeper control over preferences and settings options.
- End to end encryption of documents.
- Group chat, file sharing, and backup creation.
The pricing policies and different plans goes like this in SpiderOak One:
- Like all other Dropbox alternatives, it has a free plan which requires no signup and offers 2 GB of space for no charges.
- Next plan is for the group which has free set up policy and charges $9 per month for minimum 10 users. Along with unlimited space, you get fast start and unlimited file storage.
- For Enterprise plan they charge $299 for set up and additional $5 per month and requires at least 100 users. It offers unlimited storage with LDAP directory.
- The last one is On Premise plan which charges $599 for set up and requires you to contact for pricing. For this plan, you need at least 1500 users.
Visit Here: Best Free Collage Maker No Download
5. Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive is no new name when we are talking about great Dropbox alternatives. This sharing mechanism is more suitable for those people who are handling a business. Its windows compatibility is just phenomenal as it is regulated by Microsoft itself. However, you also get its Android and iOS apps too.
The glimpse of specific features that Microsoft OneDrive possesses are as following:
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 and saves documents automatically.
- Organizing photos and tagging people automatically on the basis of the visuals.
- Sign, highlight, and draw in any PDF file through iOS console.
- Real-time notification of people editing in shared files and documents.
- Collaboration in different files like word, excel, power point, PDF, OneNote etc.
Like every other Dropbox alternatives, Microsoft OneDrive offers its own pricing plans and they are as follows:
- The first one is of course a free plan but it requires you to sign up. Without giving any charges, you get basic OneDrive storage of 5GB.
- Another storage only plan allows you to have a space of 50 GB for your documents. You can buy it for $1.99 per month.
- Next one is a premium plan which gives you, office 365 personal with premium features. You can buy it for $69.99 per year or $6.99 per month.
- The last one is again a premium plan with specific premium features which gives you, Office 365 Home. You can buy it for $99.99 per year or $9.99 per month.
Sync.com is a great option in the list of alternatives to dropbox which gives equal preferences to security and usability. It follows the principle of “Zero Knowledge Authentication”. Under such condition, all your data remains private even from the host of this platform.
Sync.com is very user-friendly and it delivers a different level of permissions for different members of the same plan. You can specify the bandwidth on which you want your plan to work. This makes Sync.com incredibly fast and accurate.
The important features that makes it different from other Dropbox alternatives are as follows:
- Share files with people in a faster and more secure way.
- Save files in your PC and access them through other devices.
- Provides offline accessing too.
- Share files with people not even having a Sync account.
- Collaboration on multiple files with multiple people.
- Custom password setting for shared files and folders.
The pricing plan and specific facilities provided along with them by Sync.com are given below:
- The first one is a free plan which gives you 5GB storage with free sign-up and it never expires too.
- The next one is a personal plan which is suitable for an individual. They provide a cloud storage of 2 TB here and bills $8 per month. You get additional features for advanced sharing and advances collaboration in it.
- Last one is a business plan which is suitable for multiple users. It charges you $5 per user per month and gives you 1 TB space for per user.
Read This: Best Funny Wifi Names for Your Routers
Tresorit is another one of the best Dropbox alternatives. This sharing platform turns any file into “Tresor” which allows you to convert any document into a link. The only drawback of Tresorit is that it does not offer any free plan to its users.
These are the features which are offered by Tresorit:
- Highest level of security amongst all the alternatives to Dropbox.
- Password protection and download limit for documents.
- Expiration date set up of docs.
- No need of creating local storage.
The pricing plan for Tresorit is given below:
- The first plan is called Premium. It gives you a storage space of 100 GB. They charge you $10.42 per month along with features like 5 devices and 10 versions. 2-factor authentication and end to end encryption.
- Next plan is Solo and it gives a space of 1000 GB and you need to pay $24 per month for it. It gives the same features as Premium plan along with 10 devices adjoining.
- Next one is a Business plan which offers 1000 GB per user and charges $12 per user per month. It offers phone support, migration assistance, above plus security etc.
- The last plan is Enterprise which offers 1000 GB per user and suitable for 100+ users. It gives great advanced features.
Read Here: Best Music Player for Windows 10/7/8
If it’s a free best Dropbox alternative you’re looking for, Mega totally ticks all the right boxes. Founded by KimDotCom the founder of the popular file-upload site MegaUpload. Its tagline says “The Privacy Company” which hints at some of the ethics it holds itself by.
Its prime features are:
- 50GB Free space.
- End-to-End Encryption: This provides for the highest level of security. The files can’t be accessed by anyone else apart from those who have the access-permission, not even the company.
- Chat/Video Calls: Users can not only chat in an End to End environment, but also make Calls/Video calls to discuss and understand the files better.
- Cross-Compatibility: The files can be accessed on Windows, Mac, Linux, and it also has a Desktop Application, as well as Browser extension!
- Open-Source: The client-apps are Open-Source, letting anyone with the know-how to audit the files and ensure that it really is as secure as it claims to be.
- File-Versioning: All Edits/Changes to a file are saved as versions, which provide for the “undo” feature and revert to the files’ previous condition later.
- Non-U.S DataCenters: Mega has a strict No-U.S policy, so while U.S users can still use the platform it doesn’t store any data on U.S grounds. They’re either stored at an European Datacenter, or in New Zealand, Canada, etc.
Mega offers Paid plans in addition to its free 50-GB plan, which are:
- Pro Lite: 200GB Storage / 1TB Transfer – EUR 4.99/month.
- Pro I : 1 TB Storage / 2TB Transfer – EUR 9.99/month.
- Pro II: 4TB Storage / 8TB Transfer – EUR 19.99/month.
- Plan III: 8TB Storage/ 16TB Transfer – EUR 29.99/month.
WorkZone is on this list because it isn’t just a Dropbox Alternative, but is so much more. It’s a complete Project Management solution within itself.
Does it allow uploading and sharing files? It totally does. But in addition, it lets users create, track, monitor and drive projects to success.
Primary Features :
- Status-Monitor to monitor the status of each project/task individually.
- Project-templates can be created and shared multiple times over.
- Comments and collaborations on the project-dashboard helps users stay updated with the project.
- Advanced report building capabilities.
- Non-Team members can view, edit, comment and interact with projects as well.
Other basic features we’d expect in any Dropbox alternative worth its salt are available as well such as file-versioning.
A total of three different pricing plans are available:
- Team: 100 GB Storage
- Professional: 150GB Storage.
- Enterprise: 200GB+ Storage.
Note that the “Pricing” isn’t displayed in advance and rather is only shared after a free demo is requested by the users.
10. Sugar Sync
Another DropBox alternative which lets us not just “store”, but share and access data on the cloud. It focuses heavily on security, and backup of the files. Also for a large part it’s automated making things easier. Advanced options include Permissions for folders, syncing and so on.
Its Cross-platform capabilities make accessing the file and folders from just about any device easy as well. The UI in my personal opinion needs to be updated just a little bit.
- AES 265-bit Encryption: It employs AES 256-bit Encryption during transporting the files from one location to another.
- Easy Rollbacks: Has a feature called “Protected folders“. This allows for one-click rollbacks of folders and their previous contents.
- Public Links: It allows the creation of public links, which allow downloading the entire folder, or specific files. No registration or payments required.
- Collaborations: Allows sharing files and folders with other members. Lets us control if we wish to allow or deny changes.
- Automated Backups: Allows upto 12 backups for every file. Also functions as the “rollback point” or “restoration point” to revert back to.
- Automated Sync: All files/Folders are Synced automatically across all devices.
- Remote Wipe: You can specifically wipe data from other synced devices. The data isn’t lost, the device’s access is simply revoked.
Offers Three Paid Plans:
- USD $7.49/month – 100GB Storage.
- USD $9.99/month – 250GB Storage.
- USD $18.95/month – 500GB Storage.
There is a free trial plan for 30days as well.
Sure not as feature-rich as Dropbox, but sure wins a place as a Dropbox alternative. It’s a Cloud storage, as well as a Cloud backup service. If it’s Privacy and Security you’re looking for, Cloudme promises a good game.
It’s located in Sweden, and hence offers strong EU data privacy. It also houses its own Datacenters which further eliminate third-party attacks, risks and contamination. The Interface in my personal opinion could be improved a bit, but the features more than makeup for it.
- Upload-Only Mode: So the file doesn’t get deleted from all devices, even after being deleted from one or multiple devices.
- Camera-Roll Sync: Specifically sync the camera roll, and then access the media on any device.
- Selective Syncing: Not all Devices need to be synced alike. Cloudme offers selective syncing, so only some devices get access to selected folders while others don’t.
- Real-time Collaborations: Collaborate on files and folders with other members. Users without a Cloudme account can track the changes/updates as well.
- Music-Streaming: Music Streaming allows users to sync their music albums/playlists, and stream the audio on any device.
- Scheduled Backups: These are automated, and help make sure a file is uploaded no matter what. Is desirable both for personal and professional reasons.
- Personal Plans: 4 Different Plans, Starting at EUR 1.00/month, going upto EUR 30.00/month.
- Business Plans: 3 Plans; EUR 149.00/month, EUR 279.00/month and EUR 759.00/month each.
30-Day free trial plan available.
These options for Dropbox are very reliable and free of cost too. I have handpicked some great and best Dropbox alternatives only. With their advanced features and great accessing, you get better features and reliable operations too.
These Dropbox alternatives are as great as Dropbox itself. They also eliminate additional fussiness and messiness regarding organizing your files and folders. Now, sharing files is much easier than before.