The launch of newer generation of PlayStation controller has taken place and PS3 is long forgotten now. However, if you have a PC worthy enough for gaming then you should really know that how you can use PS3 controller on PC and make some good use of them immediately.
But did you use them before? Well, if not then I think you should definitely check out this complete guide for using these controllers on your PC and using them for non-stop gaming sessions. There are some tricks and tips involved which you will come to know only after taking a look at the below given tutorial.
Need of Drivers
It mainly depends upon the type of system you are using that what kind of driver you are going to be needed in order to use PS3 controller on PC. Well, we all know that Windows 10 is the newest OS of Windows these days and of course, you would want a driver according to that one only.
So, this is why you need to install a driver, for example, Motioninjoy in order to use the PS3 joystick on your windows 10 PS3 controller system. There are other drivers too like Better DS3 and many others. However, if your system is still not supporting the PS3 controller then you need to do a little trick for it.
For this you need to follow these steps:
- This process consists of steps regarding “disabling driver signature enforcement”.
- Click on the Start menu and then go to the settings option.
- Click on the option of Update and Recovery.
- Click on the Recovery option from left side and then on Advance Startup.
- Once your system gets restart click on the Troubleshoot option in Advanced Startup options.
- Click on Advanced option and then on Startup Settings.
- Your system will restart again and will provide you a list of Startup Settings.
- Turn off the option of Disable Driver Signature Enforcement by pressing F7.
- Restart your system to use any driver for operating PS3 controller on PC.
These are the instruction which are provided for the syncing of PS3 controller windows 10. So, if you are using some other version of Windows then the instruction might differ and it may be possible that you driver can work without changing any settings too.
Understanding the PS3 Controller
Known as DualShock 3 Wireless Controller, this PS3 controller comes with two pressure sensors which are powerful enough to sense your motion on it. This is why the intuitive gameplay experience turns out to be amazing through PS3 controller on PC for hour long gaming sessions.
PS3 Controller comes with SIXAXIS motion technology but there are some more aspects you should know about PS3 controller as you are going to use it on your system.
- Vibration feedback on each hit, explosion and crash.
- Combine the natural movement with action on your game through SIXAXIX motion sensors on the controller.
- DualShock 3 technology used for Bluetooth connectivity eliminates the need of wired connectivity of the system and controller.
- Connect up to 7 wireless controller together for the ultimate multiplayer gaming experience.
- Can charge the DualShock 3 through the PS3 system with the help of USB cable and it can also be plugged in during the gaming session too.
- Available in various colors like pink, black, white, blue etc.
- Supports various types of platforms but the syncing and connectivity differ on the basis of the version of OS being used.
How to Use PS3 Controller on PC?
Now, you have gone through a lot of steps regarding the working and basic knowledge of PS3 controller. However, despite downloading various types of drivers, you really need a formal guide on how you can use PS3 controller on PC for gaming and other purposes.
Here is a step by step process in this context, which is going to solve all your queries regarding the use of PS3 Controller.
- Okay, so first of all to use your PS3 controller on PC, you would have to connect it to your PC.
- For this, you can either use USB cable and if you have misplaced it then you can use the Bluetooth connectivity option too which works amazingly for the syncing of PC and PS3 controller.
- The next step is to switch on your PS3 controller by pressing the stylized button of “PS” on it to operate your PS3 controller on windows 10.
- Head to the official website of SCP Toolkit. It provides a PC friendly interface which provides a better connectivity between your PC and PS3 controller.
- Download the recent version of this toolkit which is going to show a file named “SCP Toolkit_Setup.exe”. Make sure that it is the most recent version otherwise it is not going to work well on your PC.
- Double click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- While installing the toolkit, you need to make sure that you uncheck the box of “Install DualShock 4 Controller” as this one is for PS4 controller.
- You need to take care of the type of the connectivity you are using for your system. Do not forget to check and uncheck the box of USB cable or Bluetooth connectivity option for perfect syncing.
- Now, you are done with the complete installation of SCP Toolkit required for the operation of PS3 controller on PC and now you can play your favorite games through the controller on your system.
Games you should play:
- 25 Best PSP Games
- 25 Best Super Nintendo Games
- 25 Best SNES Games
- 25 Best Wii Games
- 25 Best SNES Games
- 25 Best Flash Games
- 25 Best GameCube Games
- 25 Best GBA Games
Usually, there are a lot of queries to be dealt with when you are trying to use a gaming controller on your PC. However, this provides utmost ease when you are playing PlayStation 3 consoled games on your system and hence you need to use a lot of control options which can be only achieved by PS3 controller only.
This is why you should know that how you can use PS3 controller on PC in order to play all your favorite games on your system only. However, there are some modifications and other accessories required too whose detailed description has been mentioned above.