The Amazon FireStick is a really popular device that can convert any television with an HDMI-port to a Smart TV. The main benefit of using the FireStick is that you can easily cast content from your favorite streaming app for Android to the television.
Even though all popular streaming apps for Android supports Amazon FireStick, the Hotstar app is the streaming platform chosen by most FireStick users, especially Indian users.
The main reason for this is that as Hotstar is an Indian platform, it allows users to stream both global and Indian-specific content. The application offers live TV channels, movies, series, and other shows in English and also in Indian languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, and Gujarati as well.
Outside India, the Hotstar application is only available in the United States and Canada. In all other countries, you will not be able to access the Hotstar platform even if you have a Hotstar premium account. Moreover, the US and Canada pricing of Hotstar premium are expensive compared to a premium account of Hotstar India.
If you wish to access Hotstar India abroad on your Amazon FireStick, then today we bring you a detailed guide that will take you through all the necessary procedures to access Hotstar India on Amazon FireStick from any foreign country.
How to Access Hotstar Outside India on Amazon FireStick?
If you are using the Amazon FireStick abroad and want to access the Hotstar India platform, then the only way you can do so is by masking your current location on your Amazon FireStick, which can easily be done using a VPN app for Amazon FireStick.
Below is how you can install any VPN app on Amazon FireStick:
- Connect your Amazon FireStick to the television and Power it ON.
- Now, go to “Settings” and then select the “Device” option.
- Select “Developer Options”.
- Toggle ON the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option.
- Now return back to your FireStick home screen.
- Click on “Apps”.
- Under categories, click on “Utilities”.
- Enter the name of the VPN for FireStick of your choice. If you do not have a specific VPN app choice, then simply searching for “VPN” will provide you with a list of best VPN for FireStick.
- After you pick your desired VPN app for FireStick, click on the “Get” button next to the app name.
- Wait for the VPN app to get installed on your FireStick.
- Launch the VPN app and then select an Indian server from the list.
- Click on “Connect”.
Now, your VPN app will connect to an Indian server. All your online traffic will then be masked through a VPN server located in India.
After connecting to an Indian server using VPN, below is how to access Hotstar India abroad on Amazon FireStick:
- Launch “Apps” from your Amazon FireStick home screen.
- Search for the “Hotstar” app.
- From the search result, click on the official Hotstar application that should appear first in the search result.
- Click on the “Get” button.
- Wait for the Hotstar app to get installed on your Amazon FireStick.
- Once installed, go ahead and launch the application.
- If you already have a Hotstar account, log in using your credentials. You can also create a new Hotstar account.
And that is it. You can now access the Hotstar India platform from any foreign country without any issues. However, do note that if you disconnect your VPN app or change the server to some non-Indian servers, then you will not be able to access the Hotstar India platform anymore.
We have tried to explain how to access Hotstar outside India on Amazon FireStick in the easiest way possible. Hope you found this tutorial easy and helpful. In case of any doubts on the tutorial above, do not hesitate to leave a comment below with your query and we will help you in resolving it.